Monday, August 27, 2007

Thanks to the Global Negotiation Project

I'm currently in Tel Aviv, Israel, where I teach Arab and Jewish graduate students Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Management. I am sure that many of you also teach these subjects at various levels, so I want to share an assignment I gave my students which has proved very successful. Dr. Josh Weiss, director of the Harvard's Global Negotiation Project, has a website at www.negotiationtip.com. On it he has a weekly negotiation tip. He also has listed several dozen podcasts, which are mini-lectures (3-5 minutes) on many topics of interest (e.g. how to negotiate with your boss). I have my students listen to a podcast of their choosing and then write me a short paper summarizing what they learned and their reaction to it. They seem to enjoy it and learn a lot. Thank you, Josh, for sharing your insights so broadly.

July 11, 2007 10:31 AM

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jonathan,

I just read your nice post about my podcasts. I am glad you have found a unique way to use them and please give my best to your students. I would love to see some of their papers!

If your students come up with topics that have not been addressed please send them along to me and I will do my best to tackle them.

Best

Josh Weiss