Thursday, June 28, 2007

welcome to the blog

Welcome to my blog. In this speace I would like to share insights, experiences and learnings from my work as a mediator and negotiator. For the last 20 years I have served as a mediator in commercial litigation, public policty, family and community disputes. I have taught at Boston University Law School, Northeastern Law School and the University of Maine School of Law. I have also trained participants from more than 15 countries on topics including Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Management. I have taught in Bosnia, England, Italy and Israel. In 2007 I received the Pioneer Award from the New England Chapter of the Association for Conflict Management for "significant contributions" to the field of Alternative Dispute Reolsution.

I welcome your questions and comments and I will add to this blog periodically.

2 comments:

lillianagwi said...

looks like a great service!

Jonathan Reitman said...

I'm currently in Tel Aviv, Israel, where I teach Arab and Jewish graduate students Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Management. I am sure that many of you also teach these subjects at various levels, so I want to share an assignment I gave my students which has proved very successful. Dr. Josh Weiss, director of the Harvard's Global Negotiation Project, has a website at www.negotiationtip.com. On it he has a weekly negotiation tip. He also has listed several dozen podcasts, which are mini-lectures (3-5 minutes) on many topics of interest (e.g. how to negotiate with your boss). I have my students listen to a podcast of their choosing and then write me a short paper summarizing what they learned and their reaction to it. They seem to enjoy it and learn a lot. Thank you, Josh, for sharing your insights so broadly.